Vroom Vroom Veer
Jeffrey Smith is a retired united states airforce master sergeant. He did a variety of work mostly in information technology. He started the podcast Vroom Vroom Veer in May 2015 to capture stories when life can veer in a new and interesting way. Sometimes we safely nagivage those terms and sometimes we crash. Either way, a veer always makes a great story, to help us all learn and grow.
- Vroom Vroom Veer – We all have “Veers” in life – we all have the opportunity to decide how we will respond to them
- Learn why it’s important to not go down the rabbit hole of “positivity”
- “Failure is an event, not a person” – Jay Massey
- What is resiliency? learn how to “Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome”
- Jeff talks about getting “professional” help is relevant for some people and it shouldn’t be looked down upon
- Positive Thinking = Growth mindset
- Negative Thinking = Fixed mindset
- Learn how a “mock war game” & inspector general inspection in the Air Force taught him a big lesson about this word: Trust.
- Why “that’s not my job” is unacceptable anywhere in life.
- “You like them so much, you give them the permission to piss you off” – Jeff’’s take on mentors
- One of Jeff’s supervisors pushed him, he learned a lot and helped see big picture things
- Gratifying moment: A story about how some strangers opened up to him about how they lost their son to suicide.
Jeff’s website: https://vroomvroomveer.com/
Jeff’s Twitter profile