Timothy Lawson served five years in the United States Marine Corps, spending the majority of his career as a Marine Security Guard protecting U.S. embassies in Algeria, Russia, and Peru. Since leaving the Marine Corps, Tim has pursued a degree in broadcast journalism at American University in Washington, D.C.
Tim is the Founder of Lawson Entertainment and hosts two weekly podcasts Fuel For Warriors and 1, 2, Many: Veteran Suicide. Tims former podcast, Veteran Empire, was nominated for a 2013 Podcast Award in the Culture and Arts category.
CLICK HERE for Timothy’s Website
Timothy’s twitter handle: @One2ManyProject
Timothy’s email: Lawson@LawsonEntertainment.com
On today’s episode we discuss:
- Momentary Reflections on The One2ManyProject
- How Timothy overcame suicide
- How The One2ManyProject has impacted his own life and emotional health
- His key life themes: empathy, purpose, mentorship
- How to help someone struggling with suicide
- A mentor in Timothy’s life
- What real empathy looks like
- The power of giving yourself the gift of your own attention
Timothy’s Impact: He wants to be remembered for inspiring people to just act and to do things and to be really excited and proud about those things
Timothy’s Thoughts On Empathy
“look I’ve been there and I’ve exercised these thoughts so many times that there’s nothing that would surprise me”
Tomorrow my fiancee joins us for the last ever Fireside Chat – stay tuned!!