Timothy Lawson served five years in the United States Marine Corps, spending the majority of his career as a Marine Security Guard protecting U.S. embassies in Algeria, Russia, and Peru. Since leaving the Marine Corps, Tim has pursued a degree in broadcast journalism at American University in Washington, D.C.
Tim is the Founder of Lawson Entertainment and hosts two weekly podcasts Fuel For Warriors and 1, 2, Many: Veteran Suicide. Tims former podcast, Veteran Empire, was nominated for a 2013 Podcast Award in the Culture and Arts category.
CLICK HERE for Timothy’s Website
Timothy’s twitter handle: @One2ManyProject
On today’s episode we discuss:
- How he is a cancer survivor turned U.S. Marine
- How his outlook on cancer is a lesson for all of us
- What personal responsibility means to a veteran
- What a transition back to civilian life really looks like
- How he transitioned
- Why so many veterans struggle with the transition
- The power of giving yourself the gift of your own attention
Timothy’s Thoughts On Veteran Suicide
“What can we do in our own community to help veterans transition and not have to go down that path”
Tomorrow we chat again with Timothy about the One2ManyProject – stay tuned!!